Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Trio


I was listening to a message today, and as I did God began to speak to me about faith.  Faith is the appearance and reality of God's Word in our own Spirit.  Faith grows through trusting God and seeing his goodness and faithfulness unfold in your everday life.  The only way to grow your faith is by the Word of God and Holy Spirits guidance. It is a spiritual experience, not something that is a product of our hands and feet. 

In the midst of this God began to show me a field of clover.  The clover was thick in parts and in other parts, beautiful green lawn was apparent.  He showed me how the clover was strangling the grass.  How the lawn needed light to thrive and grow, and how the clover was slowly spreading over the top of the grass, blocking out the light.  As the grass was covered in darkness, it died leaving only the clover.


I then looked carefully at the clover and I noticed it had three distinct leaves. 

God then spoke to my heart:

Faith is just like this field of vibrant green lawn.  It relies on the light (My Word) to grow and flourish, it is watered by the morning dew (My Spirit).  The clover is sin.  It is a viscious unrelenting weed suffocating the life out our you faith. The leaves of the clover are three in number-fear, doubt and unbelief.  Fear doubt and unbelief rob you of your faith.  The enemy uses them without mercy to plant seeds in your mind and when you believe them, the clover grows, destroying the growth of your faith.  My Word is trustworthy and true.  I am faithful and my promises are always fulfilled.  Do not allow the enemy to plant these seeds in your spirit.  The unholy trio of fear, doubt and unbelief must be dealt with strongly and quickly.  Clover is a seasonal plant, it dies when the Summer comes.  So let the Word of God shine brightly and let my Spirit water you daily and soon the season will pass and the weed will be no more.

Recently I have been battling fear head on, and when I let the fear in, doubt quickly followed.  Thankfully I have a loving and faithful God who speaks to me and saves me when I call out to him.  I wonder if you will pray for me to overcome this season, with his strength.  I wonder if you too go through seasons such as this?  Sharing my weakness is not an easy thing to do, but I will do it for his glory. And perhaps God's words and my honesty will somehow help you, in your own walk with him.

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (Hebrews 11:1)

1 comment:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh that was good! Thank you, it is just what I needed to hear. I had share this on FB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...