Sunday, November 6, 2011

Faith, Flying and TV

Yesterday I was offered the opportunity to fly to the Sydney Foxtel Studios, and pre-record an interview for 'Wesley Impact!'  I was so excited, to be asked to do such thing.  As you would know by reading my previous post, it was also an answer to a dream that the God had given me.

For those who have been following, you would know that we had Sam's appointment the day before, and once again God brought me to a place where I was empty of myself.  Any control that I believed I had over Sam's future, or ours, was once again erased.  All I had left after that day, was my hope.  And this is my hope:

So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.(Heb 6:18-19, emphasis added)

Hope is not some intangible thing, something that we can possess. Hope has a name, His name is Jesus. 

So yesterday morning I arose to find that the previous day's nausea, had now emerged into a nasty gastro bug.  What would you have done I wonder, knowing that you have to travel in a car, aeroplane and taxi, to a place far from home, and the safety of your own lavatory? I made a choice to believe God's word, over the circumstances I found myself in.  So armed with his promise and a box of Gastro Stop, I drove the hour to the airport and boarded the plane to Sydney.  By God's amazing grace, I made it to the studios with my dignity.  He is so merciful!

The staff at the studios was amazing.  They were so understanding and prayed with me, and brought me to a room to relax.  It was here that I met a man who was sent by God.  He was also being interviewed that day and was a chaplain and worker with the homeless.  He proceeded to tell me that a homeless couple that he is working with are due to have their first baby and would be born with HLHS, the same condition as Sam's.  Oh, there is no coincidence, only God incidence! I was able to give him a copy of our story and encourage him in the amazing things that God can do.

I was given a good dose of make-up by a lovely make-up artist, who has worked on many different TV shows throughout the years, including Better Homes and Gardens, and Water Rats.  This helped to mask my somewhat less than glowing complexion on the day.

And finally the victory came, and I got to share with  Rev. Keith Garner, and soon whoever else may watch, the faithfulness of our God in every season.


I also had the privilege to share with both of my taxi drivers, and they also told me some of their stories.  I got to pray for one of them, and he was most encouraged when we parted.  He did not know God, but I could hear God calling Him. 

Late in the afternoon I flew home again, and though I was very weak in body, my spirit was at peace.  I had not been able to eat throughout the day, but God had sustained me and filled me with all that I needed to succeed in what He had called me to do.

That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.(2 Cor 12:10)

Because I know He filled me and sustained me yesterday, I know that the hearts this program touches will not be because of anything I am.  But instead they will see all that He is, and for that I am thankful.

Thank you for your prayers over the recent days.  I am still recovering from this illness, but it will not remain long.  I bless you all in the name of Jesus.  I can do all things because He is my anchor.

This program will go to air on Mother's Day 2012.  You can read more about Wesley Impact here.

8 comments:

Paula Vince said...

I hope you're feeling much better very quickly. I'd never have dared to do the same in your place.

Reading your last few posts, I couldn't help thinking how the enemy always waits for an 'opportune time' but you licked him.

I'm certain these serendipitous incidents must have helped restore your faith in the certainty of Sam's heart health, despite the somewhat disappointing time you had at his heart check-up.

Blessings,
Paula

GranPa said...

Wow! God never ceases to amaze me Nicole and you do too - thankyou. Blessings and love you heaps.

Unknown said...

Fantastic!!!

Nicole Watson said...

Thank you Paula. Yes, the timing is impeccable as always. Thankfully I am less fainthearted than I used to be, thanks be to God.

and yes..

God's promises remain steadfast even when I don't see, hear or feel it. He is a solid anchor.

xx Nicole

Nicole Watson said...

Love you too Gran and Pa. Boy we miss you guys. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. xx

Nicole Watson said...

Yes Geoff. God seems to always have a new challenge and a new blessing just beyond our sight :)

blessedmumof2 said...

Oh what an amazing testamant of God's mercy and grace in time of need! So glad it all went well for you, despite being so sick. I pray you are now well. Thank you for being such an inspiration to many and encouragement in our walk with God.

Nicole Watson said...

Thank you Nina. I am so glad that you have received your magazines. I am praying for you, God will set you free. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...