Friday, February 10, 2012

If There Was A God...

How many times have you heard that statement?  I have heard it more times than I can count.  Usually it is in relation to something bad happening.  Today I want to talk about this one...

If there was a God why would he allow Congenital Heart Disease?  I will speak about this because it is close to my heart.  I am not defending God.  He is more than able to look after himself in that regard. 

Recently I read this:

A congenital heart defect is an abnormality in any part of the heart that is present at birth. Heart defects originate in the early weeks of pregnancy when the heart is forming - before a woman even knows she's pregnant.(Heartkids Victoria)

compared to this

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed. (Psalm 139:13-16)


So if God knew what was going on in my womb, why did he allow Sam to be born with CHD?  I don't have the full answer but there are two things I know, and these give me absolute peace of heart.

1. We have an enemy on this earth that hates all of human kind with a passion and wants to see us destroyed.  In the fallen earth in which we now live, there is disease,illness,hunger,poverty and death.  But even this will have an end. That is why Jesus died and rose again.

2. God will use even this seemingly bad circumstance in our lives to bring glory to Him, to help us, and to help others.  The time we have here on earth is like a breath of wind in the realm of eternity.  Our bodies were not meant to last forever.  But we have better things to look forward to.

So what I guess I want you to know is that God knows what is going on your life.  He knows because he lives and works outside of time.  He walks with you every step of the way.  He fights for you.  And he has made you a promise that one day, when the curtain rolls back, a new life awaits you.  A life that is free from all manner of disease, illness and death. 

For when we know Jesus, we are made new day by day...until forever comes.  This little boy Sam knows it and so do we.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My KYB group is studying Isaiah at the moment. Such beautiful encouragement and comfort in those chapters. It blows me away when I think that the same God who created the universe and called each star by name, is the same God who calls me by name. He doesn't promise to take us out of situations, but He promises to be with us through them. We don't understand why things happen, but we can always have faith in the One who knows us and made us.

mamamia said...

Thank you for sharing, I really needed to read this today.
God bless you and Sam and your family. xx

Rose Dee said...

I often say to myself = 'His ways are not our ways'. Sometimes I feel that it is not for us to understand - but just to trust. Understanding often comes later when His purpose is revealed. But it is hard.

Nicole Watson said...

Awesome isn't it Debbie. I love the book of Isaiah, it really makes you realise the majesty of God.

Nicole Watson said...

Hugs Mamamia, So glad to be a part of God's encouragement to you.

Nicole Watson said...

Yes Rose, I agree with the trusting. It is hard but more than worth it. Obedience brings blessing and a greater understanding of God's love.x

Dorothy said...

Wow, such powerful truths and strong affirmation of them by a tender mother's heart. Such a blessing to rest in who God is, and will be in the fullness of time.
Blessings
Dotti :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...