Friday, January 28, 2011

About the Hard Times

It has been a trying time this week.  People around us are hurting and need love and support more than ever.  If I didn't know God it would be so hard because I wouldn't know how I could help.  There would be nothing I could do except send a word of encouragement and love perhaps.  However because I know God, I have something I can do.  I can pray.  I know God hears my prayers because the bible tells me so and I see him answer them. 

We have friends who are missionaries in an African country.  A Dad, Mum and two small boys.  This week they have been under tremendous attack in the form of illness.  The Mum had malaria so badly her body was in convulsions and there was no medication available to help her.  Let me tell you people were praying!   Once stable they had to transfer her to a hospital far away where she could get help.   It is not time for this lady to go home.  She has work that needs to be done here on earth.  She has two little boys and a husband that needs her and she must still touch more lives for the Lord.  She is now getting the treatment she needs after much prayer and concern.  The enemy tried very hard to foil God's plan for her life, but he will not succeed because God's will must be done when his people pray.

The word that has really been on my heart this week centers around this scripture:

For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10)

God has a plan and purpose for each of us, whether we knew him or not.  And when we give our life to Jesus we become a new creation, so that we can fulfil the plans he layed out for us. 

If we are children of God and we are doing what he wants us to do, no harm can come to us until his plan is fulfilled.  That does not mean that dangers and problems won't come.  They will, Jesus teaches us that.  However we will not die until our appointed time.  If God still has work for you to do here, then you will not be heading home to heaven early.  But in order for this to happen we must pray.  We must step up to the plate, be battle ready and not let the enemy overcome us.   We must claim God's promises over our lives and not give any ground. 

The world around us would tell us that our faith is futile, that God deosn't exist and that if he did all of these bad things would not happen.  The bible has never taught that, and never will.  What the bible does teach is that we have been given the power though the name of Jesus, to bring heaven down to touch earth, this is the place where miracles happen.  The place where people pray, believe, and recieve. 

If you are looking for a miracle today, I dare you to reach out to Jesus, he hears every prayer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...