Monday, August 22, 2011

A Heartfelt Response

In response to a beautiful woman who reads my blog, this post has been inspired. This is for you N xx

It was God who led me to the decision to home school Jack, and then it was God who led me to the decision to enroll Jack in school. 

I think that we put too much pressure on ourselves to have to provide the best we can for our children.  We set impossibly high standards for our selves and all the while God is calling-'give them back to me'.  When God asked me to home school Jack we lived two hundred meters from the local primary school; I was perplexed, but He was very persistent.  Looking back now I can see it was best, because we were going to be moving mid year and this was better for his personality and character.  We were going to have enough change in our life, and God knew what was coming.  There was no way I could have known what this year held for us as a family-but God does. 

As we moved down here to start a new chapter together, God started speaking to me about sending Jack to primary school.  I was confused at first, because of my on ideas.  I had the idea in my head, that you either sent your children to school, or you were a home schooling family.  God has different ideas.  And thankfully His ways are well above my own. I have learned not to argue with God, as I can't see our future.  As far as I know, we are going to be spending the next 18 months here in Yarra Glen.  I don't know what God has in store for us while we are here.  Perhaps I will be too busy doing other things for God.  Perhaps there is something that he wants each of us to learn through this time.  Perhaps he wants Sam and I to have some mummy and son time.  Perhaps God wants me to focus on writing for Him.  I am still seeking Him each day about his plans for us.

I think Jack's school decisions are a reflection of our everyday walk with God.  He is the first One and the last One that I go to for advice.  I read His word daily, and as I do He speaks to me.  As I wash the dishes, He whispers words into my heart.  He confirms what he speaks, by opening doors, and sending people, and providing tokens of affirmation, just at the right time.  Living in the way of His Spirit, is something that I still learn, but something I cannot do without.  God has given us a unique path, one fraught with many perilous, and challenging obstacles.  He alone holds the map, and so I find my help and my contentment in Him, in ALL things.

If you are looking for an answer, if you are carrying a burden, remember that He ALONE holds the map to your future.  It is a plan full of adventure, mercy and love.  Let him navigate you daily (more frequently if needed) so that his perfect will may be seen in your life.  I leave you with this brilliant passage from the pen of Smith Wigglesworth (a word that God gave me just for this post):

'Are you ready to be so in God's plan that you will feel God's hand upon you?  You will know that He has chosen you, so you might be a firstfruit unto God.  Are you ready for the Lord to have His choice, so that His will may sweep though your very nature, and so that you may know as you have never known before this day of the visitation between you and him?'

O Yeah, Lord, we are ready!

3 comments:

Narelle said...

Love that quote Nicole.

I simply cannot imagine my life without God. Even in my darkest hours I know He has a plan for me.

Thanks for always being an encouragement - even in the times you are struggling.

xox

Nicole Watson said...

I love that you leave comments Narelle, as the encourager (me) often needs encouraging herself :).

Narelle said...

I know the feeling!

Have a wonderful day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...