Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Open The Door!

God speaks to me in the most amazing ways.  I am always impressed with his eccentric and meaningful tactics.

While in the midst of the message in church yesterday, a loud and unmistakable voice came from the church foyer, heard well above the Pastor and his message.

"Open the door! 
"Open the dooor!
"Open the doooooor!"

No, it was not the Lord Almighty Himself, but our little boy Sam, who had escaped from Kids' Church and was wanting to be with his Daddy.   We let him in, and all was well, complete with many giggles from our friends in the church.

Although the voice did not boom from heaven, it resonated throughout the very core of my soul, from the very tips of my hair to the bottom of my feet.  God was speaking through my son, directly to me, giving me a message to share with whoever will listen.

HE IS CALLING US NOW, WITH EVER INCREASING URGENCY IN HIS VOICE.  THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO SIT AND LISTEN AND THEN IGNORE.  THIS IS THE TIME TO ACT.  LET HIM IN, SO THAT YOU TOO CAN BE WITH YOUR FATHER FOREVER. 

His voice is not commanding, but urgent, insistent, and full of love.  God will not command you to give your life to him.  He gave you free will, so you would make a choice to love him, and to be with him for life eternal.  Just as Adam and Eve had a choice all those years ago, we are all making a choice with our daily lives.  Do we choose to love God and walk his way, or do we turn our back's and pretend not to hear? 

This is not a warning.  I don't need to warn you.  We all know what happens when life here ceases to go on, our bodies die.  Are you willing to take the gamble with your eternal life, that that is where it ends?  This is a message, not just for those who do not yet know him, but those who sit in church week after week pretending to be Christians, the reality being that they never talk to God outside of the church building.  I am not being harsh and judgemental, but truthful.  We are called to be light, we can not be light if we do not spend time with the Light Himself. 

Too much is happening in the world each day for people not to think about their mortality in some fashion.  So much turmoil and perplexity, disease and natural disaster have this affect on our very human minds. And all the while Jesus is calling:

"Open the door! Let me is so I can show you what love is."
"Open the dooor! Let me in so I can give you life that doesn't end."
"Open the dooooor! Let me in so you can know what life is all about."

The doors to our hearts remain closed to God, until we choose to open them. 

“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.(Rev 3:20)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...