Friday, March 25, 2011

Time to Soak

This past week has been a struggle for me.  On the outside I have been falling apart.  I am tired, have headaches and other aches.  The house has been a mess, the kids have been a mess, I have been a mess.  Yesterday I admitted to Don, that although women are meant to be able to multitask, I am not one of them.  I like to do one thing and do it really well.  Otherwise I feel like I am half heartedly doing too many things.  I was one word:

O V E R W H E L M E D

I stayed this way for the afternoon.  I was frustrated with myself, and was having a pity party with only one guest, me.  Parties are no fun on your own and so I went to God's word looking for some sympathy. 

I got none.

Instead I got in trouble.

God reminded me that I was trying to do too much.  My children don't need my input every waking moment.  And most importantly I just needed to sit and soak in his presence.

I liken it to sitting in a hot bath and closing your eyes.  This helps your physical body.  I needed a soaking bath in the Spirit of God.  I needed him to soothe my tired spirit and revitalise my soul.  If your spirit is not right then if affects, your soul (mind, emotions) and that then shows in your body. 
Oh when will I learn to recognise the signs earlier?  When will I learn that if I don't have Daddy/daughter time with my heavenly Dad regularly, this always happens?  I talk with God all day while I work and play but I need time regularly where I just hang out with him.

 Forgive me Father, I've missed you.

Thankfully today God has flooded my heart with living water from the river of life.  I feel refreshed and alive and because of that my head is more clear and my body is not so tired.  Knowing Jesus truly is the only way I can have life and have it in abundance.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...