Thursday, January 24, 2013

Coffee Aint All You Need In The Mornings

I am thankful for this little space where I can write and share.  I am thankful that I can be honest and not make out everything is alright when it's not. Some people tell me to just have faith, it will all work out OK.  But you see faith is not that neat and uncomplicated.  Faith does not rest back lounging and wait.  Faith is an action word, that must be lived out day by day, and in every situation, the good, the bad and the ugly. My weakness is not a result of lack of faith, it is the result of a long and weary battle, and every soldier needs a break now and then. When we stand together in prayer we are stronger and can stand longer. We were never designed to stand alone, most of all we were not made to stand without God.

One way that God has always spoken to me is through music.  It is not always 'Christian' music.  The words from his lips to my heart will always find their way, even through country, rock and pop. So I know when I am struggling I am can listen to music and at some point I will hear words that were meant especially for me, right where I am at.  Last night a special new friend of mine brought me a gift, a CD God had asked her to give me.  She had wanted to wait and give a me a new copy, but in her waiting God asked her to give me her copy, now.  She did.

So this morning while I make coffee I heard with my ears:

I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind


And I hear with my heart:

'I am here my love.  Though the nights are rough and the enemy relentless, I am the one who created relentless love, so I am the One who prevails. I walk before you into the darkness to bring light to your path, and I stand behind you to protect and embrace you.' 

And as I sip my coffee and look out of the window at the new day, I hear with my ears:

The God of angel armies
Is always on my side.


And I hear with my heart:

'Peace, be still.'  His words are resolute and calm.

As I prepare the boys their cornflakes, I hear with my ears:

The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine.


And I hear with my heart:

'I've got this honey, you look after those little boys and enjoy your day.' And in my minds eye I see Jesus grin at me, the smile of a best friend, one who will never let me down.  

You might say, 'It's all in your head'.  But I say to you all 'it's all in my heart' ,and I heard none of it before I knew Jesus.

So I know this time will pass and God's plan will not thwarted in our lives. We will get through this time of uncertainty. And through the mess of it all, some amazing picture will emerge that was hidden by the creation process.  I don't know how and the battle is long and rough.  Thank God that mercy is new every day.

If you want to hear the song that spoke to my heart over breakfast today.  It is by Chris Tomlin.  You can listen to it here.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...