Friday, December 7, 2012

What a Year!

As the year draws to a close it helps me to reflect upon why I feel so weary and yet so exhilarated at the same time.  That is why keeping this blog is such a blessing, it not only allows me to sort out my heart and head but also gives me a year long history of what we have done. So let's recap:

This year we have lived in three towns and two different states.

Don finished up study and recommenced work first at Gippsaero and now Longreach Aircraft Maintenance.

Jack has finally completed Prep at his third school this year, and has done an amazing job of being so positive and trying his best wherever he has been, no matter the people, no matter the climate.  His enthusiasm is boundless.  Jack is no handwriting star and his writing is short and sweet.  But he can tell a story like no one else and his knowledge of rocks, fossils, plants, animals, space and dinosaurs surpasses most people I know.

Sam has been at two Kindy's and then had to stop on moving back to QLD, where he has enjoyed helping Mummy with her new business and going to playgroup, as well as helping out at school now and then.

I have packed up and moved house twice this year.  I have spoken at churches and conferences, sold books, written a novel and started a new Avon business.  I have made many new friends and try to keep in touch with many old ones.  And of course I have loved my family and supported them, cooked, cleaned and played with them each and every day.  I have been a wife and Mum, like many other ladies I know.

In retrospect I can see how I may be a little weary and I am thankful that today was Jack's final day of Prep.  School holidays bring a more relaxed approach to each day. Already we have been given a glimpse of what the year ahead holds for us, and I know that we will need our batteries charged.  Though with God's enabling and His daily strength and mercy I know I can do it, one day at a time.


This is how the kids cool down in the 40C heat. The Firebrigade came to do a talk and then stayed for some fun.  Water fight-Longreach style.


Jack is over near the window in the green striped shirt.  This is the Prep class in free dress singing the parents a Christmas song at their Christmas party break up party.


Jack being presented with a certificate and gift from Miss Ross, his teacher.


Party food time :)  You can see in this photo how tall Jack is compared to some of his class mates.


And of course Sam joined in too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see the photos, enjoy those moments they are very special times. Jack looks to be thoroughly enjoying himself.

Nicole Watson said...

Yes, they sure are special times and I am sure they will go very fast. Jack loves school and is very excited about starting swimming on Monday.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...