Monday, November 12, 2012

Calming the Storm

To understand this post, you need to read the one previous here.

Photo from here.

I definitely did not want to go to church on Sunday.  Darkness hung over me like a cloud.  I have learned by now that when I really don't want to go, I really HAVE TO go.  So I sat before church and wrestled with God over it.  As I laid down and closed my eyes I saw a dark and stormy sea, waves many stories high rolled and gales blew salt spray through the air.  Peering through the mist I saw a boat, me clinging to the mast, being rocked violently by the storm.  The vision changed to see below the boat where the sea was dark and gloomy and deep, following a chain all of the way, hundreds of meters to the bottom of the ocean, where I saw the big strong anchor that held me fast.'I am your anchor' came His words. He did not take me from the storm, simply showed me where I was in it.

During worship I sang and I cried tears streaming down my face for all to see, I didn't care.  I knew they wouldn't either.  Instead the church comforted and prayed with us.  A dear man of God gave us a vision that he saw of us being in a boat in the midst of a storm, and then added "Jesus was in the boat with you." He did not know that I had been given the same picture that very morning and now he had added a new part to the unfolding story.

JESUS IS IN THE BOAT WITH ME

He was reminding me I was not alone, that He had not left me. 

On the way home from church in the car I closed my eyes and rested my head upon the head rest, feeling weary after a very emotional morning.  Inwardly the storm still raged but it was different somehow.  Jesus spoke then, 'Peace.  Be still.' I did not hear the words with my ears but in my heart.  He did not roar, the words were quiet, firm and uncontested.  I kid you not, the despair inside of me ceased, the sea became as calm as a lake on a sunny day, and his peace came in like a flood.

I don't know how we will endure all that Sam needs to go through in the future.  I have no control over what will happen, when it will happen and how it will happen, but I know the One who does.  I needed reminding of that and I am so thankful for God's promises to us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...