Saturday, November 20, 2010

Worship While You Wait

On the outside, it would seem like not much has been happening over the course of the last few weeks.  But inwardly God has been preparing us for what is ahead. 

As much as we try to be patient, we are not, and would like our home to be sold yesterday so that we could move on.  However this is not God's plan, so we must wait for his timing.

This last week I finished having a skin cancer removed from my chest and was cleared of any further problems.  So glory to God for that!  I asked God to use it to glorify his name.  And while the doctor and nurse performed the small surgical procedure, I had a captive audience for over 1/2 hour. They asked many questions about what we are doing in our lives, Sam's condition and God's plans for the future.  It just amazed me that God used this simple operation to glorify him and letting me share what God has done in our lives. 

We have had wonderful times with friends this week and have been so blessed by keeping our eyes focused on God and not the situations at hand.This brings me to the words that have been so dear to my heart this week:

Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for him to act (Psalm 37:7)

I will praise you Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all of the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name,
O Most High.  (Psalm 9:1-2)

It is a daily battle to keep my focus on God when everything else around me is calling out for attention, but with his help I can do it.  When I make a choice to worship him instead of being dragged down by the circumstances, the worries cease, and my heart is light and filled with hope.



Keep your eyes fixed on the author and finisher of your faith (God), keep wading through the waters and you will reach the place of rest and safety. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...