Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I can run!

I am just bursting with mummy pride and joy this morning. Jack's school is practising for cross country, so this morning Jack, Sam and I all participated in the practice. Jack was all enthusiasm as he joined in with his school. Sam did all of the warm ups, running across the oval with the PE teacher, stretching, bouncing with so much enthusiasm, I thought he was going to jump out of his skin. Then we started to run (me walking beside Sam quickly) as he ran the first side of the oval and then walked, puffing and telling me his legs were hard. So we kept walking and breathing. He walked and ran alternately for a whole lap and a half!

'Just keep walking mate. You can do it. your legs are not used to this exercise and they just need to practise and get stronger. Soon they will be strong and not hurt so much. One days your legs will be strong and take you far.'

After 15 minutes of persisting, and finishing with the other kids.

'I did it Mum! I did it! You were right Mum, when I walk the puff goes away. My legs feel good! After my heart surgery, I can run.'

 

My cup runs over.
 
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings. (Psalm 23:5)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny when being able to simply run is a joy. I hope to be able to one day too. Go Sam!

Colleen said...

Its been a little while since I popped in here, last time Sam was still in hospital and I am sitting here with tears running down my face at the joy in his gorgeous little face in that photo. I am so happy for him, so happy for you all.
May you keep on running Sam, faster and stronger than ever before!!
Luv
Colleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...