Monday, April 23, 2012

Promise Renewed

Driving home after collecting Jack from school today, we were excited to see before us a beautiful rainbow lighting up the sky.  A symbol of God's promise.  It shone with a brilliant gem on the darkened eastern sky.  As we drove I spoke with God.

You always give us double rainbows when we were in the right place for you.  That is in part how we know we are walking the path you have mapped out for us.  We haven't had that here yet Lord.  I would really love to see that again.

We arrived home, and I began to prepare dinner, lit a fire, and then waited for Don to arrive home. Don came home and the rain began to ease again.Gazing out of the window I gasped and called for Don and the boys...





He loves me.

He knows my heart.

Little things matter to God.

Here you are my love.  Accept this as a renewed promise of my love for you.  You have a hope and a promise that cannot fail.  Delight in this gift, and remember it is only a foretaste of what is to follow.

6 comments:

GranPa said...

WOW - makes my heart skip a beat :) Thankyou God. Thanks for sharing Nicole. Love yas

Asta Lander said...

Oh my Godness - what amazing images. A x

Dorothy said...

AMAZING pictures!!! WOW - I saw a double rainbow yesterday. Glimpsed would be a better word, as I was driving the kids home from school. I was sorry I had it to my back and could not marvel as I wanted to. But here I am at your blog, doing just that! Perhaps it was the same rainbow! xx

Nicole Watson said...

Oh yes, Gran, my heart was skipping all over the place, along with the rest of me. xx

Nicole Watson said...

Thanks Asta, we have been blessed with a lovely outlook from up here. God is awesome!

Nicole Watson said...

That's awesome Dorothy. I am sure he just wanted to delight you also. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...